Jul 28, 2017
How do you protect your investments when the market ultimately
Main Questions Asked:
What does complacency look like in this market?
How do we avoid letting greed and fear take over?
Key Lessons Learned:
- The most common form of complacency is that people will think
“this time is different”, that’s when people get hurt.
- Proactive advisors have been working to equip clients with the
mental resilience to endure a 20% correction in the market.
- Many people are comfortable with the way the market has been
going and are not ready for a correction.
- People tend to think they are smarter than they are when it
comes to investing in a bull market and won’t admit how much luck
had a part to play. The inverse is true, you’re not as dumb as you
think you are when the market inevitably goes down.
- You need to have the proper asset allocation that serves your
investment needs right now, not wait until an asset is doing
- Cookie cutter financial advice for everybody doesn’t make
sense, your particular Goldie Locks portfolio should be designed
for your needs and risk tolerance.
- You should be positioned to take advantage of the upside of the
market while protecting yourself from the downside.
- “Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are
fearful.” -Warren Buffet
- Right now is when you should be taking action to protect
yourself. Nearly everyone is taking on more risk than they
- Most people have no idea what’s in their 401(k) retirement
account. There are many factors than go into your investments and
you should review your portfolio frequently to assess if you are
where you should be.
Links To Resources Mentioned
Money Map Retirement Review
Thank you for listening!